Thursday, September 15, 2005

Cheop Writes Haiku

All work and no play makes Cheop a dull cat, so says the wisdom of the ages.

Inspired by the work of the great Hanatō Fukui, I have endeavored myself to compose some haiku, in the style of the master, which I think are quite beautiful, if I do say so myself:


Food, food, food, food, food,
Food, food, food, food, food, food, food,
Food, food, food, food, food.

---

Autumn finch has fed.
I'm stuck inside, looking out.
O, to reverse roles!

---

All of this food talk
Is making me quite hungry.
Damn! It's only two o'clock. The HUMANS won't be home till six. That's four hours! I could starve to death!...


-- Cheōp

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, September 17, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a rare opportunity to see inside the mind of a great strategist, commander, eater, and human-smacker. Cmmdr Cheop's poetry is frightening in its simplicity and power. His use of the form is daunting. He hones in on a theme early and doesn't let up: "Food, food, food, food, food." This is reminiscent of the most ancient of cat warrior-poets, strong of claw and fierce of meow, whose brave paws founded KittyNet, whom Cheop has obviously studied (and, daresay, surpassed?). His last work shows both his knowledge - and ultimate rejection of - the rules that make a great commander. Long live KittyNet!

 
At 6:35 PM, September 18, 2005 , Blogger Cheop The Cat said...

Soon I hope to publish.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home